Search the Web

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gold Leaf

I've been wanting to recreate this look for some months, but had some difficulties in procuring the necessary gold leaf. Via Facebook I got some advice to use gold foil for nail art, and this is what I did! The lashes are again courtesy of http://kkcenterhk.com/ , they are by ES and come in packs of 10 pairs each. They are actually meant to be worn on the upper lid, but I cut them into shape and used them as lower lashes:




Original look:


How to achieve it:
1. Prep your lids with Bare Canvas
2. Apply nude eyeshadow all over the lid.
3. Line upper lids with a thick, winged-out line using gel eyeliner and an angled brush. Then emphasize lower inner corners and line lower lid with a thinner line.
4. Apply matte red eyeshadow along lower lid and blend downwards with MAC #217.
5. Tear gold foil into little shreds and apply to the brows with a pair of tweezers,using lash glue or glitter adhesive to make it stick.
6. Line lower waterline with white kohl.
7. Glue false lashes to the outer part of the lower lid.
8. Carefully apply mascara to your upper lashes (you only want to tint them in order to keep the straight line!)
9. Highlight cheekbones with MAC Lightscapade Skinfinish (as there is no blush used in this look, this is important for some subtle contouring).
10. Apply NYX Margarita lipstick, then stick on some more shreds of gold foil.

Product List
Face: MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15, MAC Studio Finish NC15, MAC Lightscapade
Eyes: MAC Bare Canvas, Zoeva 88 Mattes palette, u.m.a. gel eyeliner, Maybelline Expression kohl, ES false lashes, CG Lash Blast
Lips: NYX Margarita l/s, gold foil

23 comments:

Suz said...

amazing!

femketje said...

beautiful!

Jewelz said...

You did a fantastic job. I love love love the lips and the liner. I'm not crazy over the red color with your eye color but everything else is beautiful. You have a lot of talent girl :)


http://iamjewelz.blogspot.com/

candy apples said...

Just gorgeous♥ I love the gold on the eyebrows!!!

xoxo
Ai

graphology said...

Wow, das ist der absolute Wahnsinn :-)

Anna Crystal said...

Without reading the text and seeing the 'inspirational' images, I immediately knew which look you had recreated :D It's one of my fave looks EVER and you did quite a good job on it!

tonimacaroni said...

you are so good at applying make-up, i love it!

Barbie said...

Beautiful look! Great inspiration!

"V" said...

Da Bedarf es nicht vieler Kommentare.

Wunderschoen,wunderschoen sollte wohl alles sagen!

LG O

Dhalia said...

This looks lovely!!!

Dhalia

Lilly said...

es ist erstaunlich, dass du gold so gut tragen kannst! mir gefallen deine lippen besser, als die auf dem inspirations-bild, passt meiner meinung nach besser.
super gemacht!

Jéssica said...

I love your make-up and blog!
Beijos
http://horadamake.blogspot.com

Irynuk said...

really beautiful:x

Izabella said...

Very nice.
www.itsbellatime.blogspot.com

Jillian's blog said...

come into my blog, I have a surprise for you! :)

http://jillianconsigli.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunshine-award-2011.html

danakiller said...

Wow nice job!
I just added a Makeup Monday section to my blog, maybe you could do a guest post for me one day! Check out my latest tutorial on there too :)

lifeofashopaholic.com

xo
dana

Girls Temptations said...

I really love your looks!

http://girlstemptations.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth Dadson said...

Truly, truly talented. I love looking at your creations. Well done you :)

http://londonslittlebeautyguru.blogspot.com

Britti said...

Hey I've just come across your blog and it's beautiful! Great pictures!
Was just wondering what model of camera do you use, if it is your photography. Gorgeous!

Britti xox

http://britti-daydreamer.blogspot.com/

sunmetal said...

great makeup!Did you do this makeup by yourself?Very talented indeed.
You can find some makeup tips on my blog.
http://sunmetal11.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

This is a work of art! Absolutely stunning!

Micaela said...

You are such a beauty! This is simply amazing! I would love to do that too. I have seen so much articles on beauty but this really caught my attention.

Saddam Khan said...

Hi, I read this Blog it's really nice, thanks for Sharing with us and find one Of the best deal here:-

Loreal Cosmetics
Revlon Lipstick
Revlon Nail Polish
Revlon
Maybelline