Search the Web

Monday, July 19, 2010

Cherry Frosting

This weekend, I decided to go with something elegant but intense at the same time, and ended up with this look featuring Fyrinnae eyeshadows:





Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, Fyrinnae Cherry Frosting, Fyrinnae Atomic Afterglow, Zoeva 88 Mattes palette, Girls Aloud lashes, CG Lash Blast, catrice liquid liner, Maybelline Expression kohl in white

I also wanted to share images of the cupcakes I made for my sister's and my birthday party last saturday (vanilla cakes with mango-passion fruit frosting):



Those of you who follow football probably know about Paul the psychic Octopus - I think he's great, so I made a cupcake dedicated to him (Paul is made of marzipan):


And some "classic" mini cupcakes:


As requested, here is the recipe:

Cake:
90 g butter
110g sugar
2 eggs
150g flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
60 ml milk OR passion fruit juice
1 tsp vanilla aroma

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted icing sugar
mango sirup
passion fruit juice
liquid vanilla

For the frosting, I used some green food colouring, Wilton's 1M piping tube, red currants and a sprinkling of icing sugar.

16 comments:

Kristina said...

ALL of those pics are beautiful! Can you share the cupcake and frosting recipes, please? :) Thanks!!

Jessica said...

So pretty, intense but still soft enough for a summer party! Your cupcakes look great too- the actual baked goodies as well as the fantastic photos! You're so multi-talented!

Viola, Killer Colours said...

Hahaha I LOVE the Paul cupcake :D

Sam said...

the eye make up (and cupcakes) are so amazing. great job!

veflexra said...

wow that eye look is gorgeous. You're making me want more Fryinnae. How to you make flavored frosting? I'm not a big baker, but I love desserts!

Chinda-chan said...

Wow, sehr schön. Mir gefallen auch die Farben besonders gut.

Njamy, die Cupcakes sehen lecker aus. Toll, jetzt hab ich Hunger. *g*

ashleynicolemakeup said...

WOW great look! I think your eyes makeup looks amazing! I have looked through a few of your looks and you do a Fab job!
great cupcakes too :)

Honi said...

I really like that look, soft and subtle but still fairly intense :)

http://honi.blogg.se

Neina said...

I just have one thing to you: YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME !! :D I hope that someday I will become as ingenious as you!

lodeka76 said...

That is really some beautiful eye makeup!!! Would you please make a tutorial of this look?

Melissa. said...

i love it! :D And the cupcakes look soo good, i might try make them myself ;D

ana said...

Wow, your blog is awesome and magical. Thank u very much because your looks and your cupcakes (look so good too)!!

graphology said...

This look is amazing :-)

Anonymous said...

thit look is gorgeous....my favourite.I have only 88 pallete and don't know how to recreate this make'up
sad...

Sarasvati said...

Curse you! While looking for a recipe for cherry frosting, I found this entry. Now I'm going to be here forEVER looking at your gorgeous tutorials and DA site! :D

dale said...

Beautiful eyes and wonderful cakes. The combination of both is making superb this category. Really awesome photos.