Search the Web

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Pictures from London

Hey everyone,

I got back from my London trip on wednesday night and now I finally get to posting a few pics for you :)

We went straight for afternoon tea at the Orangery in Kensington - lovely place but reasonably priced, and they have great passion fruit tarts (:





A really fat squirrel we met in Kensington Gardens (though this perspective actually makes it look slim :P). It actually ended up jumping on my friend's bag!


Another favourite place for tea: the Caffè Concerto (yummy fruit tarts!)



I know it seems like i have done nothing but ... I just love taking pics of sweets and pastries (: Ok, maybe I had a few cakes too much as well... But anyway, the main purpose (for me) was to go and see Andrew Lloyd Webber's sequel to Phantom of the Opera: Love Never Dies at the Adelphi Theatre. But first, a pic of Trafalgar square shortly after sunset:


The Adelphi Theatre. For those interested, you can read my review of the show here: http://phantomessoftheopera.blogspot.com


I am also a fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so I went to the Sherlock Holmes museum in Baker Street:






Harrod's is one of my fave places in London - such pretty things and amazingly decorated as well! There's also Lola's which makes a large selection of beautiful cupcakes:



I love this (:



Harrod's Food Hall



My cupcakes arrived slightly battered but still alive!



I also took the opportunity to go for a good pointe shoe fitting in Drury Lane in the Westend and ended up with a pair of Grishko 2007's. They are actually quite comfy (considering they're pointes)...



Whenever I go to London, I bring back loads of food as well. Yesterday, my brother and sister came to our place and we had a lovely afternoon tea with all the cakes I brought (:


Sooo, and now for today's make up! I did a look based off this picture, but I went a little overboard with the side stripes, sorry!









Product List
Eyes: MAC Bare Canvas, MAC Gold Dusk, MAC Rich Purple, Zoeva 88 Mattes palette, Maybelline Expression kohl in black & white, lashes (upper) and single lashes (lower)
Face: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15, MAC Studio Finish NC15, PL You Glow Girl, MAC Lune blushcreme
Lips: MAC C-Thru l/g

25 comments:

Shifa said...

stunning as usual! and the food looks so yumm! I live in london and will defo check these cafe's out soon :)

Retro Model Sari said...

Oh my. Now I have a craving for cupcakes!!!!!!!

MW said...

gorjus!!!
xo mw

Angie said...

wow great look! it looks very close to the original

bella said...

Wonderful "sad ballerina look":-)

graphology said...

Wow, das AMU sieht wundervoll aus, so kreativ.

Chinda-chan said...

Wow, sieht nach einem tollen Urlaub aus. *nick*
In das Sherlock Homes Museum wäre icha uch gegangen, ich liebe Krimis! :-)

HighTeaMan said...

That scone in Kensington looked almost too perfect - in fact, too good to eat.

SilhouetteScreams said...

OM NOM NOM so many cakes XD *drools*

Love the look, it kinda reminds me of a tear-stained/running mascara look, except way better.

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

I think it's very pretty (your FOTD). And your trip looked like a lot of fun!

Klaudia ♡☮ said...

I gave you a beauty blog award!!! I posted it on my blog :) come see it :)

Jo said...

Great photos! And so many scrumptious looking desserts!

Bubu said...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hola soy Bubu. Te he conocido a través de otro blog y me encantan tus fotos, tus textos y en general todo tu blog, es GENIAL, te seguiré visitando, muchos besos.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bubu said...

Te escribo mi link para que cuando te apetezca, me hagas una visita, de acuerdo corazón?? Pues mil gracias y un súper abrazo:

http://www.mydarlingbubu.com/ HAVE A NICE WEEK

Bubu said...

VOTA EN MI BLOG POR LO MEJOR DE LOS DESFILES DE LA PASADA SEMANA!!!!!!

BlackWidowLaura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlackWidowLaura said...

I just wanted to tell you that you are gorgeous and very talented.

You are my inspiration!

= )

Holidays said...

oo very nice...

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

that high tea event is just elegant and yoru glasses looked gret with the whole place! :P i love a good scone and a cuppa. yum.

all the cupcakes made me want to start baking again. i think i will just do that this weekend.

and you know your makeup is never boring and always beautiful. so i am not saying more. LOVE this post.

turkish said...

nice ;)

holidays said...

very beautifull

FACE IT by Jay Anne Cosmetics said...

hmmm...cupcakes....yammieee....
I think your blog is amazing and you do great looks:) this is why I awarded you with the Sunshine Award.

Aurelia said...

You Are Such Amazing Photographer

SO SO SO TOP GIRL

Kisses & Hugs from Chile

kanishk said...

wow great look! it looks very close to the original
home jobs without registration

Marcey said...

What did you think of the musical?? Haven't really heard much about it review wise??