Search the Web

Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year's Look

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope everyone had a great night yesterday and got safely into 2010! Here are a few of my New Year's resolutions:
  • Lose weight! (around 10 kilos)
  • Travel (London trip in march and USA trip in may are already booked, further plans: maybe Ireland in april, a weekend in Paris and Madrid and possibly Indonesia in november!
  • Clean out my wardrobe to make room for new stuff
  • Write more posts on my Phantom blog
  • Get a hamster
  • Tidy up my place more often
  • Devote more time to studying
  • Invite friends whom I haven't seen in a while
  • Buy less make up and use the stuff I already have instead
It's snowing again outside and I'm having a pretty lazy day at home - time to dig out the brushes again :) I haven't felt inspired to do much make up in the last week and have been busy doing other stuff - but then I came across some long-lost Pure Luxe shadows in my old room and decided to give them a try! It's Ecstasy on the lid with Super Liners smoldering and Pin-up in the crease, plus a matte orange colour from the Zoeva palette above the crease.

The eyeliner is actually dark blue - I wanted to buy a black one but grabbed the wrong one in the store :/ I also added some holographic rhinestones to the pattern in the outer corner and a tiny bit of MAC Reflects Antique Gold in the inner corner.








Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, Pure Luxe Ecstasy, Pure Luxe Smoldering, Pure Luxe Pinup, Zoeva 88 Mattes palette, MAC Reflects Antique Gold, Manhattan JT in dark blue, essence rhinestones, wet 'n' wild lashes, Maybelline Expression kohl in white, CG Lash Blast

34 comments:

Chinda-chan said...

Wow, sieht toll aus!

Yarisse said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

graphology said...

Umwerfend, wunderschön, ausgefallen, einfach nur superschön :-)

Lutin said...

It's gorgeous I love it!

Razmatazz Whimsy said...

My advice: nix the hamster and get a few mice instead. I had one and it was one of the worst experiences of my life (besides the gerbil and the parakeets). Mice are much friendlier and easier to handle. Good luck with the others! I wish I could travel.

Ash said...

So beautiful. I can't agree more with using the makeup you already have rather than buying more...I have the same problem!

Stefanie said...

Lovely, that crease shade is so rich and beautiful. Happy New Years!

MW said...

i love this look ..so pretty

MzFashionCloset said...

I love it!

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

tsk tsk tsk. no hamster. get a guinea pig. i had one who lived 6 years++. so cute and so responsive! i may get one after i return from australia in one year. i have not a "fixed" home so i can't have pets now or else i'd get a parrot (congo african gray) or a guinea pig (cavy!)


anyway, the new year look is awesome as always! i think i need to shed some kilos too. good luck!

Potencia feminina said...

PERFECT

Ciara Kenadie said...

the orange really looks good against your skin tone. :D

Magi said...

Und wieder einmal WOW! Wunderschöne Kombi!

Padmita said...

Thank you :D!! Glad you like it, as it's quite an unusual combo (for me)!

@Raz: I have actually been debating between mice and a hamster. So you rather recomend mice? What was so bad about your hamster? I'd love to get a rat but they need too much space!

@jojoba: Awww, I love guinea pigs - I have had about 8 before! But over the years I've unfortunately developed a strong allergy to them, so they're out of the question :(

NF said...

felicitaciones!

The Diva's Polish said...

Stunning and perfect, as always.

Crystal.S said...

Beautiful! One of my favorites!

sssdawna said...

love the falsies and blue/white bottom waterline. can't wait to hear about your travels = ]

Faye said...

Really pretty look! Happy new year!

jen_bsb said...

So pretty!

Where are you visiting in the US?

xoxo
*

CHERRIES IN SYRUP said...

Loved the art on your eyes, such a talent! And we all have the new years resolutions, I just need to remember to keep at it...... :)

CHERRIES IN SYRUP said...

Oh, and you said about snowing!!!!!!! I wish........ Here in Brazil all we get is hot hot hot, today was at least 35ºC :o

Cilla said...

Very nice! You are very talented!
Happy new year! Greatings from Sweden

Hana said...

amazing look
looks just gorgeous

Minya said...

I have a dwarf hamster, and she is absolutely adorable! <3
I didn't use to like rodents with a long skinny tail before, but I've recently played with a couple of pet rats, and am thinking about getting a rat or two when Haru (my hammy) passes on.
I would absolutely recommend a hamster, if you're really into them, but personally I'd choose a dwarf hamster over a Syrian any day! ^^

Connie De Alwis said...

too gorgeous for words... pure art

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't know if you already know, but your pretty photos are being posted here: http://cosmetics-zone.blogspot.com
there's pages and pages of them.

Maggie Makeup Addict said...

I love it! Totally gorgeous. And the blue eyeliner is cool, it's a nice contrast!

SilhouetteScreams said...

This.is.amazing O_O

Laura said...

Ricky’s NYC has a lot of affordable name-brand makeup available in store and on their website (www.rickysnyc.com), including their exclusive makeup line called Mattese Elite. It’s definitely worth checking out if you’re interested.

Bella said...

It looks amazing O.O
Really beautiful!

I love your blog! Congrats *

B.

Herbalcare said...

I love it !
Very creative !
That’s actually really cool,
Thanks.

Kate Gene said...

Those little rhinestones and the liner on your waterline are both surprising, pretty touches! This look is amazing! Your blending skills are insane!

xx

LaLa.photograPHY.art said...

amazing i love it