Search the Web

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Surreal Mermaid

You all probably know I have a weakness for all kinds of aquatic colours - seafoam, turquoise, mint, you name it. And the most beautiful in my opinion is Surreal by MAC,that gorgeous seafoam shade with a subtle gold shimmer. Besides, I've been wanting to try the "fishnet" technique for some time, so I took this wonderful opportunity :)

I started with the fish scales pattern by applying MAC Surreal and Meadowland on top of stretched fishnet tights so the scale patters reflects subtly on my skin. The I applied Surrwal to my lids as well as Plumage in the crease and Platinum to highlight the inner lid. The lashes I found at Claire's, they're very long and very feathery! On the lower lid, I'm wearing p2 Lengthening lashes cut into singles. I also glued on some iridescent rhinestone drops to create a kind of "fishtail" in the outer corner:










Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, MAC Surreal, MAC Meadowland, MAC Plumage, MAC Platinum, MAC Vanilla, Manhattan JT, Maybelline Expression kohl in white, Claire's lashes, p2 lashes, CG Lash Blast, essence rhinestones

21 comments:

Chinda-chan said...

OMG, diese Farben stehen dir auch noch so unglaublich gut. Du siehst wirklich nach Meerjungfrau aus. *-*

Magi said...

Der Übergang ist bei dir immer wie gesprayt. Legendär!

Anonymous said...

Sehr sehr schön :) Die Wimpern am unteren Wimpernkranz sind der Hammer!

jojoba (My Makeup Reviews) said...

i wish i could wear aqua as well as you. i love all your little jewels too. so precious.

Shifa said...

wow this is gorgeous as usual!

MaijuS said...

Oh, I really love this!

http://maijus.blogspot.com/

Sock Knitter said...

WOW!!! That is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Phyrra said...

Thank you for sharing how you did the scale effect! I think this is a lovely look :)

o0bejibi0o said...

wahnsinn! Du bist so kreativ!
Das ist ja echt schon Kunst :)
Lg, Karo

NF said...

precioso!

Faye Prettyhead said...

Aw lovely look! Love the bottom lashes!

~*Victoria*~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous :o)

Myrna.. said...

Wow this is so beautiful!

HeidiB said...

Stunning, just stunning!
I've been a fan of your art (I think in this case is apropriate to call it art) since I stumbled to one of you're FOTD's in Spectra and I was very please when I found you in here too :)

Shayla said...

Very pretty and whimsical!

graphology said...

Ich finde dein Make-Up einfach Wunderschön und total kreativ.

mineral cosmetics said...

Like the stunning and eye catchy look.

Sisa said...

Wow, ich liebe solche Farben auch über alles, aber bei deiner Augenfarbe wirken sie eben auch noch tausendmal besser...

Revoltosa said...

Me encanta este look!! muy bonito!!
Te dejado un premio-meme en mi blog. Saludos desde España!
http://revolviendoloscolores.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for your creations, they look amazing!

I want to challenge you to do something that many "makeup gurus" might deem a bit hazardous or at least not appealing at all : Why not posting pics of your wonderful makeup creations after a few hours of wearing them?

The point is... all girls who love makeup know we can look great for a few hours but at the end of a long day, the way our eyes look is far from what it originally was. And I'd love to know how this problem affects others, see how the products others use work after a few hours... get my point?

I'd love you to take the challenge, which I'm also suggesting to other makeup artists on the net.

Thanks!
Marimar

Kate Gene said...

Your looks are absolutely stunning and creative! Love it!

xx,

Kate Gene
http://katiegene.blogspot.com