Search the Web

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Soft Shading

The aim of this look was to create a soft contouring effect which isn't too obvious, but still emphasizes shadows and light to give more depth to the eye. I used a shimmering, blue-green colour all over my lid (Crazy Metallic dust - this is just like MAC pigments in texture!), and then I blended some Platinum in the middle of the lid to add luminosity. I applied some Looking Glass (matte medium turquoise) in the crease from the outer lid to the inner corner, and used Ripped Jeans to darken the outer and inner crease. After that, I applied some Azadé Limesparkle (light spring green) above my crease. At the end of the liner wings, I glued on some little pearls which are usually used for nail art:








Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, crazy Metallic dust #176, MAC Platinum, Fyrinnae Looking Glass, Fyrinnae Ripped Jeans, Azadé Loose Eyeshadow Limesparkle, Manhattan JT, Misslyn Perlen, essence On Stage Lashes, Maybelline Expression kohls in black & white, CG Lash Blast

22 comments:

Phyrra said...

This is beautiful!

Michélle said...

Yes, this is really beautiful! I'm in such awe of your makeup skills! :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! WOW!
/ Anette

Mandy said...

Beautifull!

BEAUTYVICTIM said...

Fantastic and beautyful. I invite you to see my blog.
Best

Inma

innerchild said...

I love this! The colors really bring out the blues in your eyes. Absolutely stunning!

styrch said...

Love this! I'm jealous that you can make Fyrinnae look that pretty. I've always had terrible luck with their shadows.

Piraya said...

You are a genius girl! Your blog is the one i open everyday like a child on christmas, hoping there is a new wonderful surprise!

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous - love the little pearls ♥

Lilian Fonseca said...

pretty!!!

♥ Arab Mania ♥ said...

Nice i like the blue color always gives a beautiful look to ur face !

Rebecca said...

I love it! It is really pretty. I would love to try this on myself. How much would all of these products cost?


Rebecca
http://www.TheNaturalSapphireCompany.com

Maria G. said...

I found your blog by chance and I wanted to tell you that I really like it, you're so good with the make up!! love your eye shadows, I added you to my fave links as I dont wanna miss anything, kisses!

Padmita said...

Thank you all very much ♥!

Anonymous said...

AB-solutely stunning. You're lovely!

One question, though - what is Crazy metallic dust? I can't find it through Google at all.

Padmita said...

@Rebecca: It depends on how much you get - e.g. a sample of Platinum is about $2, but obviously if you buy the whole jar it will cost a lot more. Fyrinnae and Azadé are also not very expensive. The lashes were LE, but they only cost like 3 €.

@Anonymous: Crazy is a brand I bought in Greece- it's available at Marks & Spencer Beauty/Sephore there.

Sah said...

hello! I realy loved this make, this eyeshawdow is very very beautiful!!!
congratulations!
kisses!bjos

Mineral Cosmetics said...

The eyes are looking and sensuous...hey I just want to know when do you use the shade below the eyes?

Carol Moore said...

Beautiful eyes! I was wondering if it would be okay to draw one of these for an drawing excercise I am working on - different eye reflections. You can see my works here http://www.mooresartdeviantart.com.
I will give credit.

Padmita said...

@Carol: Sure, you can do that! Just send me a link once your work is finished :)

Carol Moore said...

Thank you so much!! I will :)

Carol Moore said...

Hi Padmita :)
Here is the link to the artwork. Thanks again for your permission http://mooresart.deviantart.com/art/Cosmic-ACEO-144536563
Hugs,
Carol