Search the Web

Monday, June 15, 2009

Elephant Eyes

You're probably wondering why I called this elephant eyes? Because the inspiration for it came from a little black elephant, painted with streaks of teal and green, with gold glitter and finely painted ornaments that my parents brought back from Croatia as a souvenir some time ago. I have always loved its colours and then I got the idea of transforming the elephant's look into an eye make up. Although I used a black background for this look, I has hoped for it to come out blacker but well, I tried :P... I used MAC Carbon all over my lid, Lime Crime Lime Criminal on the inner lid, MAC Teal pigment on the outer lid and Lime Crime Medusa in the middle. Then I lined with a (nameless) colours from Pure Luxe and added some MAC Glitter in gold on the upper and lower lid, glued on some falsies, added liner on the lower lid and waterline, and finished the look with some mascara:






On another note, I try hard to maintain my posting frequency but lately life gets in the way so much - thanks to all my faithful readers for your patience with me!

Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, MAC Carbon, Lime Crime Lime Criminal, Lime Crime Medusa, MAC Teal, Pure Luxe gold pigment, MAC Gold Glitter, Maybelline Expression kohls in black & white, Salon Perfect Lashes, CG Lash Blast

29 comments:

DieKriegerin said...

einfach nur WOW!

Lilly said...

das letzte bild ist sehr ausdrucksstark. mich erinnert das irgendwie an das weltall.
lg, lill<

Tamara said...

It is wonderful! I absolutely love it and it does remind me of elephants. Strong, elegant and powerful and a bit of mystic because of their intelligence.

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow, that is a stunning look! Love it!

Phyrra said...

Gorgeous look!

Katy said...

wunderschön!!

Kim said...

Amaaazing look!

MakeupNme said...

gorgeous!

alipopof said...

You are a genius!!!

Libby said...

This is so gorgeous and original! I love the gold glitter!

Wild Kat Makeup said...

Oh, just gorgeous !!

The Mighty J said...

Gorgeous! I am curious to see what the inspiration was.

kely said...

is very nice.but i would like to see pics of ur face with that make up,like this we can mmake ourselves the idea of how it really look.

that would be super,i'm sure that the result is stunning

ebvata said...

Wooow! Gorgeous:)))

^_^Evichu^_^ said...

ooooh!!! i love it!!!

SchokoAddict said...

Super, gefällt mir seeeehr gut, Pad!

P.S.: Danke fuers Abbonieren meines Blogs, fuehl mich geehrt ;)

Liebe Grüße

Shirley Stamou said...

Congratulations on great work!
I did a post about you here in my blog (www.wucomprei.blogspot).
You live in Germany? Do not get much information about you in their blog to write the post about your work.
a kiss from Brazil,

Chinda said...

Wow! Mir fehlen echt die Worte!

Nailz-In-Aus said...

Your an artist hun i love it keep up the amazing work =D

Keel Nitzke said...

It's gorgeous! The looks are amazing! You're an amazing artist! Congratulations!

Kisses, Raquel (from Brazil)

Cosmetic Brushes said...

The eyes look gorgeous and ideal for catching all the attention in a party.I am sure we can try and test with other combination when wearing clothes of other color schemes...

Jessica Allison said...

I totally get the Elephant; though it reminds me of the Indian brocades that you often see them decorated with in pictures, at the circus, etc...and BTW, if you dropped off of the face of the earth tomorrow, I'd still keep your blog in my bookmarks! Of course, we miss you when you don't post, but we all understand!

Stefanie said...

Stunning, it's so interesting to hear where you draw your inspiration from! That last shot is amazing ♥

Shirley Stamou said...

Padmita,
Your Portuguese is great, is that my English is rusty!:) Your blog is great!
I will be happy to be on your blogroll. Add your blog to my blogroll.
In which city you live in Germany? My readers were curious to know if, and only makes in yourself or if you work as a makeup artist, because you thought very talented!
Congratulations and kisses from Brazil!

Fabulous said...

how cool! This one makes me think the stars.
You have such creative looks!

Mamainak said...

Heh it's weird that an elephant is a souvenir from Croatia (I'm Croat btw). ;)

But if elephant's design and colours were as nearly as beautiful as your makeup, then nevermind :D

Cookies said...

Great mystical look to them.

♥ Arab Mania ♥ said...

Woow this make up is great for a party !

Anonymous said...

Solar eneragy is the future for the world.
[url=http://www.solarcourses.org/]solar courses[/url]