Search the Web

Friday, April 10, 2009

Paint me a rainbow...

This is actually a premiere for me - in all my time of doing FOTDs, I can't remember ever having done a true rainbow look! But spring is putting me in a colourful mood, so I decided to have a go at this today :)...

I started out on my lashline with Kelly Green, then went further up with Teal, Blue, Violet, PL Fruit Punch, Pink Bronze and a matte yellow by essence, finishing with Polished Ivory under my lashes. I added some black liner and some Pearl Sun (light shimmery yellow) on my lower lid, as well as white kohl on my waterline, and finished the look with some gold stars and MAC #2 lashes:








Product List
MAC Bare Canvas, MAC Kelly Green, MAC Teal, MAC Blue, Pure Luxe Fruit Punch, MAC Pink Bronze, essence Yellow, MAC Polished Ivory, Manhattan JT, Fyrinnae Pearl Sun, Maybelline Expression kohls in white and black, MAC #2 lashes, CG Lash Blast, gold stars

21 comments:

Lola ♥ said...

I love it! So creative... In fact i love every single one of your make-ups... I've been copying them everyday, especially the ones in blue, teal or green...

Bye!

Blanca said...

meravellous! i love it

Bianka said...

sehr, sehr toll. Wie immer :)

KiLLaCaM said...

padmita! this is soooooo stunning my love! i love the gradiation of the colors as you go up! this is breathtaking..i'm amazed right now.

krista carlson said...

So pretty...I love the stars and your photography is perfect...you capture you look so well!!!!

Connie De Alwis said...

This is by far the most beautiful rainbow makeup that I've seen. It reminds me of the spectrum you see in soap bubbles. Great work.

kyuubified said...

I think this is the most classy and sophisticated rainbow eye I have ever seen, not to mention original; all of the rest look kind of the same.

Tam said...

Wow this is one of your best looks in my opinion!!!

happy1234 said...

WOW that is lovely - different :).

Jessica Allison said...

yay! I love it!

Karin said...

Fantastic!
Do you use a primer or something else to make the shadows stick, like a paint pot or something?

jojoba said...

it may be the first, it is definitely one of the best.

Robyn said...

It's gorgeous! It reminds me of the way oil on water gets a rainbow effect in the sunlight. Very beautiful.

Padmita said...

Thank you all ♥!!

@Karin: Yes, this time I used MAC Paint in Bare Canvas as base, but I also use Paint Pots quite often!

Bananarchy said...

Would love to see a tutorial for this one! Love!!

faerie_bel said...

This is really well done! The best-executed rainbow eye look I've ever seen.

Phyrra said...

This is the most gorgeous rainbow look I've ever seen.

L.S.S said...

Hi Padmita I actually tried this make up today and it looked great! You are a real inspiration and I know I ask a lot of questions but its only becaz of my real admiration of your artistic makeup. Could you tell me what brushes you use when applying such makeup?

superwoman611 said...

wow! you are amazing -- such talent!! gorgeous eyes! thank you SO much for sharing! you are my inspiration =)

Faye Prettyhead said...

Aw I love this! It's really really cute, I am so glad I have found this site, def the best site on the net!

Laura said...

Beautiful. Awesome. No other words.