Search the Web

Monday, January 19, 2009

Masquerade

This week's look is inspired by the song "Masquerade" from the Phantom of the Opera. Whenever I hear it, it gets stuck in my head, and the idea for the look came to me last time I was listening to the soundtrack. For those of you who don't know the song, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxKjDUrmecA

(and, while you're at it, this is my favourite scene from the whole play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4UqGxOeHk :)

First, I drew the golden lines with MAC Gold pigment in order to define the shape where the other shadows should be applied, then I used MAC's #219 to apply White pigment, Sushi Flower and Passionate eyeshadows, and finally I applied some Deckchair to blend White and Sushi Flower together, and blended the outer corners with the #217 blending brush. Last, I lined the lower lid with Gold and added some simple ornaments on my cheek with a thin brush. Everything was finished off with white kohl on the waterline and black mascara:






Product List
Eyes: MAC Bare Canvas, MAC White, MAC Deckchair, MAC Sushi Flower, MAC Passionate, MAC Gold, Maybelline Expression kohl in white, CG Lash Blast
Face: MAC SFF NC15, MAC Studio Finish NC15, PL April' Mix, MAC Dollymix, MAC Lightscapade
Lips: essence Glam Girl l/s

13 comments:

Thimbler said...

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

The Mighty J said...

"Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade . . ."
Love the look! Amazing!!!!!!!!

ClaudiaR. said...

¡¡simply spectacular!! You look fantastic...

Edda said...

Gorgeous, you are so creative

Kristina said...

so pretty. i love it!

jojoba said...

I want to be your eyes!!! so pretty! Shu Uemura has many designs similar to this but none of them is as beautiful as yours. I am not joking!

ClaudiaR. said...

¡Hi!... Me again.. I have a blog (in spanish): http://cremitasperfumadas.blogspot.com and I have a MEME for you... I hope you like it.
If you need a translation, please write to me cremitasperfumadas@gmail.com

Roxy said...

Gorgeous as always! I can't believe you used gold pigment to draw those lines - you are so, so creatively artistic - what a talent! Love the look. xo

Aleca SLC,Utah, United States said...

I found your blog off the Doe Deere Blogazine- I live in the United States and I love your looks! I am a makeup lover- but just getting into more creative looks- I seem to be always been on the conservative side- Im finding inspiration to help me branch out! I love the clarity of your photos, it definatly makes a BIG difference in the quality and look you are trying to capture. Thanks for sharing your beauty and creativity! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I can't tell you how much I adore this look. It's beautiful! The colours are perfect, the blending... wow!

Frith said...

I may be blind, but there doesn't seem to be an email address or anything, so I may as well post this here:
I <3 all of your looks, they're all stunning!

I have a special event coming up and I'm wearing a shimmery gold/pink dress. If you have the time, I was wondering if you could please suggest an eye makeup look to go with the dress + fair skin + blue eyes.
I'd be very grateful!
Thanks :)

Selene said...

Beautiful!! As always. You never fail to deliver stunning work.

We all know you're tired of answering this question, and I'm very sorry! -- I'm brand new in getting into photography, and I don't have anyone around that practices the art... so I'm trying to teaching myself. That's an expensive thing to do. The thing is, I can't seem to weed out from the vast sea of choices which one camera (without going SUPER expensive and crazy digital) would allow me to take clear, true-to-life colour, beautiful close-ups. Like your single eye photos. Could you please recommend a a name? Does the lens have to be a specific size? I see that you name several in your earlier comments, but... admittedly, I am confused.

Jamaya said...

Your tut's are so simple but the looks are so beautiful! Nice work!